A house in Sheffield was gutted by fire when a blaze broke out in a conservatory and spread through the property and to the home next door.
The blaze in Cross House Road, Grenoside, was discovered at 3.20pm yesterday after an electric heater developed a fault and burst into flames.
Flames spread through the property to the roof space and started to damage the house next door.
But firefighters battled to prevent the flames engulfing the second property and were able to save it.
They said a woman in the burning house managed to get out unharmed.
Firefighters rescued a number of her pets.
They spent over five hours at the scene.