Firefighters have issued safety advice after battling a grass fire in South Yorkshire this afternoon.
Crews were called to Steadfolds Lane, Thurcroft, at around 12.30pm on Friday after smoke could be seen across the skyline.
A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue reminded people to take extra care during hot weather to avoid starting accidental grass fires.
Fire officers asked for people's help by:
* Not using open fires in the countryside.
* Making sure any barbecue or disposable barbecue is only used in a suitable location and is extinguished properly after use.
* Extinguishing cigarettes completely and not throwing cigarette ends on the ground.
* Not leaving bottles or glass in woodland – sunlight shining through glass can start fires.
A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "Fire crews want their resources available to protect the communities of South Yorkshire - incidents involving accidental grass fires can use up a lot of these vital resources."