Fire service called out to early morning food fire in Sheffield

The blaze broke out at a property in Margate Drive, Grimesthorpe in the early hours of this morning. Picture: Google Maps
The blaze broke out at a property in Margate Drive, Grimesthorpe in the early hours of this morning. Picture: Google Maps

The fire service were called out to a Sheffield property in the early hours of this morning, after a food fire got out of control. 

The blaze broke out at a property in Margate Drive, Grimesthorpe at around 1am. 

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “A lady had left a pan on the hob, and the food had caught fire. 

“By the time we arrived the property was smoke logged. We cleared the smoke for them. No-one is believed to have been injured in the fire.”