Fire round-up: Faulty Freeview box caused house blaze

South Yorkshire firefighters were called out to the following incidents across the area last night.

Firefighters from Elm Lane attended a house blaze in Abbeyfield Road, Sheffield at 7.15pm last night.

The blaze started in the living room and spread through the ground floor of the property.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The first floor of the house was badly smoke damaged in the blaze.

Firefighters said a faulty Freeview box was the cause of the fire.

No one was in the property at the time but firefighters said working smoke alarms had activated and would have alerted the occupants had they been at home.

Arsonists are being blamed for a car fire in Foxhill Crescent in Sheffield last night.

Firefighters from Elm Lane attended the silver Jaguar fire at midnight last night.

The cause of the fire has been logged as deliberate.