Firefighters from Elm Lane attended a house blaze in Abbeyfield Road, Sheffield at 7.15pm last night.
The blaze started in the living room and spread through the ground floor of the property.
The first floor of the house was badly smoke damaged in the blaze.
Firefighters said a faulty Freeview box was the cause of the fire.
Sheffield weather: Met Office issues thunderstorm warning as heatwave set to end with heavy rain and lightning
Rivelin Valley Road Sheffield: Body found after police search of Rivelin Valley
Hosepipe ban: Reservoir near Sheffield less than 15 per cent full as photos show how water levels have plunged
Lakeside Doncaster: Major search launched by emergency services after man gets into difficulty in water
High Green assault: Sheffield bus driver punched on his break leaving him with facial injuries
No one was in the property at the time but firefighters said working smoke alarms had activated and would have alerted the occupants had they been at home.
Arsonists are being blamed for a car fire in Foxhill Crescent in Sheffield last night.
Firefighters from Elm Lane attended the silver Jaguar fire at midnight last night.
The cause of the fire has been logged as deliberate.