Fire in West Street flat was caused by chip pan

Chip pan fire on West Street
Chip pan fire on West Street
Have your say

A fire that closed part of West Street in Sheffield was caused by a chip pan, firefighters have confirmed.

Fire crews were called the university accommodation above the KFC at abut 9pm last night.

Three fire engines including firefighters from Central Fire Station along with police attended the scene.

A woman who lived in the flat is believed to have left a chip pan on after cooking and it burst into flames.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in just a few minutes. No-one was injured.