Fire crews extinguish a blazing home after occupants are saved by smoke alarms

Firefighters armed with breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet extinguished a blaze on the ground floor of a home.

Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 09:42 am
Updated Thursday, 7th February 2019, 16:05 pm
Fire story.

The fire was discovered at the house on Woodview, at Renishaw, just after midnight, today, February 2.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said the occupants of the house were alerted by smoke alarms and everyone got out safely.

Staveley firefighters put out the blaze and ventilated the property.