Fire crews called to house fire in Rotherham

Firefighters prevented a tumble dryer fire, which broke out in a cellar, spreading to a Rotherham house.

Three crews were called to a property on Warwick Street, Moorgate, at around 12.05am on Sunday and spent around an hour-and-half at the scene.

Warwick Street, Moorgate. Picture: Google.

Warwick Street, Moorgate. Picture: Google.

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said there was ‘extensive’ fire damage to the cellar but closed doors had prevented it from spreading to the house.

READ MORE: Driver leads police on chase through the streets of Sheffield

It added everyone was outside the property when they arrived and no-one was injured in the incident.