Faulty light fitting causes fire at Sheffield home

editorial image
Have your say

A faulty light fitting caused a fire at a family home on the outskirts of Sheffield.

Firefighters from Aston fire station attended a fire at a property on Cradley Drive, Aston, in the early hours of Sunday morning.

They were called out at 1.30am caught on fire and caused a small blaze.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene, with the incident dealt with by 2am.

No one was injured in the incident.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said there had been smoke alarms in the property, but they had not gone off when the fire started.

He said the fire service would be returning to the property to fit new smoke alarms.