Family survive chip pan blaze

Share this article
Have your say

A FAMILY was taken to hospital as a precaution after a chip pan caught fire in the early hours of yesterday.

The fire broke out on Gaunt Drive, Bramley, Rotherham, at 1.40am yesterday.

Firefighters said a young man, in his late teens or early 20s, fell asleep after putting the chip pan on after a night out.

A smoke alarm woke him, a woman in her 40s and a young boy up and alerted them to the blaze.

Firefighters had to enter the house to rescue a Shih Tzu dog.