Family’s gas leak danger campaign

Share this article
Have your say

A FAMILY whose daughter died from carbon monoxide poisoning are to visit Sheffield to raise awareness about the danger of gas leaks.

Katie Haines, aged 31, from Berkshire, died in 2010 after being poisoned by a faulty boiler.

Her parents Gordon and Avril and husband Richard have since thrown themselves into raising awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide and raising money for alarms. They will be taking a stand at the National Union of Students conference in Sheffield on April 24 to 26.