A family-of-six escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in their Sheffield home this morning.
The blaze on Askew Court, Stocksbridge, was discovered at 6am.
When firefighters arrived four children and two adults from the house were all outside but their pet dog was still inside.
Firefighters entered the smoke-filled home to rescue the dog, which was rushed to a vet.
The condition of the pet is not yet known.
The fire broke out in the lounge.
An investigation is underway, but the fire is believed to be accidental.