Family flee house fire

A DONCASTER family evacuated their home after fire broke out in a bedroom which was being decorated.

Wednesday, 3rd October 2007, 10:23 am
Updated Wednesday, 3rd October 2007, 11:07 am

A dust sheet draped over a chandelier caught fire because of the heat from the light. The sheet dropped onto a bed, setting that alight.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A man, a woman an baby, were alerted by a smoke alarm when the fire started shortly before 9pm.

It damaged the bedroom but did not spread to the rest of the house.

Firefighters arrived to find the family had already got out of the house on Nether Cantley Lane, Old Cantley.