A man and three children escaped unharmed after a car caught fire and spread to the garage of their home in Sheffield.
Smoke filtered into the property on Moor Valley Close, Mosborough, but the occupants of the house were not seriously affected.
They were checked by paramedics at the scene.
Their car caught fire on the driveway of their house after developing a mechanical fault, and flames spread to the nearby garage.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze before it spread from the garage into the adjoining house.