An elderly woman has been hospitalised after an extension lead connected to an iron sparked into flames and ignited her bed.
The fire broke out at the woman’s house on Wheatley Hall Road at around 10.45am yesterday morning.
The woman was inside the house when the blaze began, but managed to escape safely.
She was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and was later taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Adwick, Doncaster and Edlington fire crews put out the blaze using a hose reel.