Evo-Stik League:

Marc Newsham bagged a hat trick as Sheffield FC extended their unbeaten run to four games with a 4-1 win over Gresley.

Sunday, 16th September 2018, 18:03 pm
Updated Sunday, 16th September 2018, 18:17 pm
Stocksbridge Park Steels goalkeeper Jordan Amissah, on loan from Sheffield United. Picture: Ian Revitt

Club had the lead on 14 minutes when Newsham steered home Mitchell Dunne's low cross.

Dunne was the architect of the the second, crossing for Newsham to score with a stooping header with the striker completing his treble on the hour when tapping in a James Kay cross at the far post.

The game was put to bed on 69 minutes as Leon Osborne added Club's fourth when cutting inside to tuck the ball under the keeper.

The visitors got one back four minutes later when Alex Steadman lobbed Ross Durrant but it was no more than a consolation for a well-beaten Gresley side.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Stocksbridge Park Steels made it three wins from four with a 2-1 victory over newly promoted AFC Mansfield at Bracken Moor.

Chris Hilton handed a debut to German goalkeeper Jordan Amissah, signed on loan from Sheffield United.

Steels made a bright start which was rewarded with a goal on 10 minutes.

Alex Wiles broke through the visitors defence before pulling the ball back for Kane Swinburn to poke home.

Wiles wasn't far away from adding a second from distance with an effort that flew just over the bar, while Tyler Williams fired just wide from 20 yards as the home side went in search of a second before the break..

The visitors came out on the front foot at the start of the second half without really testing Amissah.

However, Mansfield equalised in fortunate circumstances on 55 minutes when the ball looped off the back of Liam McFadyen's head and over Amissah from a long throw.

The goal gave Mansfield extra impetus but Stocksbridge held firm to score a deserved winner on 71 minutes.

Wiles broke into the are and laid the ball off to Rory Coleman who scored with a clinical finish from six-yards.

Frickley Athletic returned to winning ways after back-to back league defeats, coming from behind to beat Carlton Town 2-1.

The hosts were in front just before the half hour mark from the penalty spot.

Frickley suffered a blow when they lost goalkeeper Hugo Warhurst through injury shortly afterwards with on-loan forward James Morris taking over in goal .

However, Frickley were back level on the stroke of half time through a Jameel Ible header.

The turnaround was complete when Tyler Walton set up Gavin Allott for the winner on his return 12 minutes from time.