Epworth firefighters tackle pub blaze

Firefighters from Epworth and Crowle dealt with a blaze in a flat above a pub.

Tuesday, 14th March 2017, 9:50 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 10:02 am
Firefighters were called to a pub in Sandtoft

Crews were called to the Reindeer Inn, Thorne Road, Sandtoft, at 9.15pm yesterday.

They found the flat above the pub smoke-logged following a kitchen fire.

A dog and two pups were given oxygen therapy at the scene, but one could not be revived. Her two pups survived.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Two firefighters wearing specialist breathing equipment entered the flat to check for casualties.

The cause of the blaze has been logged as accidental.