Electrical fault causes fire in bedroom of empty house

Share this article
Have your say

An electrical fault is believed to have started a house fire in Mexborough early yesterday.

Dearne fire crews were called to Maple Road around 5am where one of the bedrooms was on fire but the house was unoccupied. They forced entry to put the flames out.

A fire in the garage of a house in Vicarage Way, Arksey, on Tuesday night was also caused by an electrical defect. The tumble drier went up in flames just before 9pm but was contained in the garage.

A van parked off Station Road, Dunscroft, was destroyed in an arson attack around 1am yesterday. It was so badly damaged the crews could not identify the model.