Doncaster man jailed for persistently breaking restraining order taken out by ex-girlfriend
The former partner of Bradley Hanson took an initial restraining order out against him in 2014, Sheffield Crown Court was told during a sentencing today.
However in August last year after the couple had reconciled, a court granted their request for the order to be removed.
But the order was reinstated later that month, and within days Hanson, of Pashley Road, Thorne had breached it once again.
Prosecuting, David Wade, said: "There were breaches in August, December and January this year."
The court was told how the most recent breach took place on May 2 this year, when Hanson, aged 23, gained access to the property of his partner, and was seen running from the bedroom of the property to the kitchen.
Mr Wade said: "She called the police, and was [heard] making forthright comments."
Defending, Edward Moss, said: "This is clearly an ongoing relationship.
"She initiates contact, he foolishly goes around and after a phone call he ends up being arrested.
"But, nevertheless he knows the order's in place and shouldn't breach it.
"He has a stable address, and his parents are willing to take him back to live with them. His parents have now said to him that if he wishes to continue the relationship with her, they want nothing more to do with him."
The court was told how Hanson breached the first restraining order taken out against him a total of nine times.
Hanson admitted the restraining order breaches at an earlier hearing.
Judge Roger Thomas QC sentenced Hanson to 12 months in prison.
He told Hanson: "This is a court order, this is not your former partner's order.
"When you breach the order, you are breaching the court order. And anyone who breaches a court order puts themselves in a serious position."
Hanson was told that the restraining order would remain in place, and warned him that the relationship with his former partner must now be over for good.