Destruction wreaked by fire

Share this article
Have your say

A WOMAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a house fire in Creswell near Chesterfield.

In nearby Clowne, firefighters were called to a house after a shower unit went up in flames.

The fire started in the bathroom and spread to the roof. Everybody in the semi-detached house escaped unharmed at 10.45pm on Sunday.

In Grimesthorpe, Sheffield, fire crews were called to ventilate a smoke-filled property on Goddard Hall Road, after fire broke out on the first floor at 7pm on Saturday. The cause has been logged as accidental.

A shed was damaged in an arson attack on Jubilee Road, Darnall, Sheffield, at 11.10pm on Saturday.

In Swinton, Rotherham, 13 people called fire crews about a deliberate grass fire. Several pockets of land were set on fire at Queen Street last Friday.

Firefighters attended all the blazes.