Street sealed off this morning and police cordon in place amid reports of a shooting
A Doncaster street remains sealed off this morning amid reports of the latest in a string of gang-related shootings across the town.
Chalmers Drive in Clay Lane was cordoned off late last night and remains shut this morning with police still guarding the scene.
Residents in the area reported hearing a shot fired late last night as well as heavy police activity in the area shortly after 11pm.
Eyewitnesses reported a number of marked and unmarked police cars patrolling the area.
Earlier in the day, police attended an incident in the same street involving two vehicles.
A silver Mini and dark blue car were believed to have been involved in an incident at the junction of Chalmers Drive and Shackleton Road.
We have asked South Yorkshire Police for details on both incidents.
In recent weeks, a wave of gun related violence has swept across Doncaster with nine separate shootings reported before last night’s incident.
Police have said all the incidents are linked and are said to be linked to a gang feud.
The wave started with an attack on Broxholme Lane in March and since then, houses and cars in Cantley, Intake and Wheatley have been shot at with a number of arrests made and eight guns seized.
The latest shooting came in Edenthorpe last Sunday when a house was shot at in broad daylight in Thorpehall Road.
Two teenagers aged 15 and 16 have been arrested in connection with that attack, while a 52-year-old man, Graham Del Mar, has been charged with attempted murder following an incident at a house in Aldesworth Road, Cantley.