Firefighters prevented flames from a garage fire spreading to the house next door.
Crews were alerted to the blaze on Moonshine Lane, Southey Green, Sheffield, at 9.55pm on Tuesday and doused the flames.
The fire, which has been logged as accidental, started in a garage used for storage and as a workshop.
A man and woman in their 50s got out of the house next door unharmed.
Firefighters were called out to a flat fire on Derby Street, Heeley, at 4am yesterday after clothes near a heater caught fire.