Sean Bean stabbed protecting model

Sean Bean
Sean Bean
Have your say

SHEFFIELD actor Sean Bean was stabbed with a broken glass outside a bar when he challenged a passer-by who insulted his glamour model friend.

The Hollywood star, who grew up in Handsworth, was smoking with topless model April Summer, 22, when another punter in the pub made a remark about her.

The multi-millionaire actor, who has starred in Lord of the Rings films and is appearing in The Game of Thrones TV series, is believed to have been stabbed with a broken bottle and punched.

Bar staff treated a wound on his arm, but the actor – famed for his hard man roles – did not seek medical attention.

His friend April – an Italian Playboy model whose real name is Nadia Foster – was unharmed.

A member of staff at the bar in Camden, London, where the attack took place, near to Sean’s home, said: “It seemed to have been a scuffle over a girl after another guy made some unpleasant comments.

“Sean’s been in here many times and always seems really friendly and polite, a really nice bloke.

“But he was obviously pretty angry about whatever the other drinker had said about his friend.

“She was a really good looking girl, very pretty so it might have been a bit of a sexist remark.

“It was all over quickly and Sean came back into the bar for a while with his friend.

“He looked like he had a gash on his arm, which one of the girls who works here had a look at for him, but he wanted to finish his drink.”

Another bar worker said: “Sean is a regular here and we’ve never had any trouble.

“He was with a very attractive woman when an incident occurred outside.

“Sean came back in with a cut on his arm and a bruise on his eyebrow. We saw to his injuries with the first aid kit but he seemed fine and just wanted another drink.”

Sean’s daughter Molly, 19 – one of his three children – said: “Dad’s just resting at home at the moment. Fortunately it wasn’t too serious. He’ll be fine.”

Police were called to the bar but are not taking any action.

A source said: “Police were called but the alleged victim didn’t want to make a complaint.

“No further action was taken.”