Have your say

A MAN was arrested on suspicion of assault after a woman he was involved in a row with flagged down a passing police officer.

The disturbance broke out on Aldward Lane towards, Greasbrough, Rotherham.

Police arrested the 48-year-old man and released him ion bail after questioning.

TWO vehicles left on a car park on Carr Road, Stocksbridge, were set alight in arson attacks.

Firefighters dealt with the incident.

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to Meadowhall after smoke was spotted coming out of a heating duct at Meadowhall.

Crew members isolated the heating system as a precaution.

FIRE crews were called out to be on stand-by at a foundry in Rotherham after steam started issuing from two furnaces following a power cut.

They remained at Furnace and White, Abbey Way, North Anston, until power was restored.

SNOW and ice led to the closure of both the Woodhead Pass and Snake Pass across the Pennines yesterday.

Freezing temperatures created hazardous driving conditions.

A CAR was stolen a driveway on Helmton Road, Woodseats, Sheffield, after the thief broke into the house it was parked outside.

Police are investigating.

TWO cars parked outside the Hilton Hotel, Meadowhead, Sheffield, were broken into on the same night.

Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.

POLICE in Sheffield are investigating the break in of sheds and garages on Brocklehurst Avenue, Norton, Sheffield.

Anyone with information should call 101.

POLICE are investigating the theft of a moped from Boland Road, Lowedges, Sheffield.

Information can be passed to police on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

A HOUSE on Lees Hall Avenue, Norton Lees, Sheffield, was broken into through a conservatory window.

Police are investigating.

HERRINGTHORPE Valley Road was closed for several hours yesterday morning between the roundabout at Wickersley Road and Bentfield Avenue after a lorry shed its load.

An industrial sized metal tube rolled from the lorry and had to be lifted back on with a crane.

Police were alerted to the incident at 10am yesterday.