Man told to prepare for custody after admitting sexually assaulting girl, 15

A 27-year-old man has been told to ‘prepare for custody’ after he admitted committing a sex offences against a 15-year-old girl.

By Sarah Marshall
Tuesday, 02 April, 2019, 18:24

Robert Foster entered guilty pleas to two counts of sexual assault during a hearing at Sheffield Crown Court today. 

Foster, of St John’s Road, Rotherham entered a not guilty plea to a third charge of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, concerning the same complainant.

Foster will be sentenced at Sheffield Crown Court on April 26

Prosecutor, James Baird, said the Crown could accept his two guilty pleas and would not request a trial for the third chargee. 

The two offences were committed against a 15-year-old girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on September 24 last year. 

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Judge Rachael Harrison adjourned sentence until April 26 to allow for a pre-sentence report to be prepared, and told Foster to prepare for custody. 

“You will get one opportunity for a pre-sentence report. The fact I’m giving you a pre-sentence report and bail doesn’t mean you’ll get anything other than a custodial sentence.

“You should prepare yourself for that,” said Judge Harrison. 

She told him he would need to put himself on the sex offenders’ register from today’s date.