Man bailed after arrest over Oli McBurnie bust up video
A man arrested over a video reportedly showing Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie in a bust up has been bailed.
The 24-year-old was quizzed by the police after a video was shared online showing violence flare in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, last Saturday.
A clip appears to show £20,000-a-week striker McBurnie involved in a fracas with 21-year-old insurance broker Elliott Wright.
A second video later emerged showing the man said to be Scottish international McBurnie being verbally abused beforehand.
A man is seen stamping on a mobile phone, which was dropped to the ground during the incident but continued to capture footage and audio.
The footage has been viewed more than one million times.
Sheffield United, who signed 24-year-old McBurnie for £20 million in 2019, said it is aware of the footage and carrying out an investigation.
The club confirmed it is aware of police involvement and will assist with enquiries.
McBurnie is currently out injured after suffering a stress fracture in United’s 3-0 defeat to Arsenal last month.
Detectives investigating the incident have issued an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
It is believed that two cars passed while it was ongoing and there was also a woman pedestrian on the other side of the road who saw what happened.
They are keen to hear from motorists with dashcams who were in the area at the time.
North Yorkshire Police said: “A 24-year-old man from Knaresborough has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has been released on bail pending further enquiries.”