Fire crews flood Sheffield street as blaze breaks out inside house

Fire crews flooded a Sheffield street after a fire accidentally broke out inside a house on Saturday night.

Sunday, 31st May 2020, 12:19 pm
Updated Sunday, 31st May 2020, 3:01 pm

Three fire engines were pictured on Spa Lane, Woodhouse at around 10pm after a fire started in the kitchen of a property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue spokesperson said the fire was “well alight” when crews arrived and was thought to have started accidentally.

No one was hurt and firefighters used a hose reel and a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire.

Fire crews at the scene of the blaze on Saturday night. Credit: Charlotte Davies