Customers evacuated from Indian restaurant in Doncaster after fire

editorial image
Have your say

Customers were evacuated from a Doncaster restaurant when a fire broke out in a disused function room below.

The fire on Bank Street, Mexborough, broke out underneath the Spice Library restaurant at around 9.30pm last night.

When firefighters arrived they found a chair had been set alight.

Customers were evacuated as a precaution.

Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.