Attempted murder suspects bailed following arrests for Doncaster 'linked' assaults
Two men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following “linked” assaults in Doncaster have been released on bail.
The men aged 26 and 29 have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a 29-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious injuries following an assault on Urban Road Hexthorpe at around 3.57am on Saturday (December 12).
Detectives in Doncaster are appealing for information after a series of incidents in the town.
The victim is now said to be in a stable condition in hospital after receiving “significant” injuries in the incident.
Officers have confirmed that two witnesses reported seeing two vehicles leaving the scene in Hexthorpe.
Around the same time, police also received a report of a number of vehicles being abandoned on Greenfield Lane.
A short time later, at 4.11am, officers received a further call reporting that a second man had been found injured on Cleveland Street.
It is believed he had been involved in a disturbance prior to police arrival.
The 29-year-old man was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
Detectives are currently treating the three incidents as linked and have said there is no wider risk to the public.
A section of Hexthorpe Road at the junction with Stone Close Avenue in Hexthorpe is sealed off, alongside an area of grass outside Cusworth house
Enquiries are ongoing, and officers are appealing for anyone who saw or heard anything at either location to contact them on 101.
Anyone with information quote incident number 142 of 12 December.