Chip pan blaze damages house in Sheffield

A house was damaged after a chip pan was accidentally left on the hob while the occupant was out.

Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 8:45 am
Updated Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 8:53 am
Firefighters tackled a chip pan blaze in Sheffield

The owner of the house discovered the fire in Summer Street, Netherthorpe, at 8pm last night.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Three fire engines were sent to the scene and four firefighters wearing specialist breathing apparatus entered the burning property to extinguish the flames.

Nobody was injured in the incident.