Candle to blame for Doncaster fire

Firefighters dealt with a number of incidents in South Yorkshire last night and this morning
Firefighters dealt with a number of incidents in South Yorkshire last night and this morning

An unattended candle left burning in a Doncaster house was to blame for a fire last night.

The candle burnt down to its base and the flame set fire to some cardboard underneath.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY: Mansfield Town make racial-abuse complaint after Owls bust-up
Firefighters alerted to the incident on Vulcan Crescent, Scawsby, at 9pm said the fire was out when they arrived and nobody in the house was harmed.

RATINGS: These are all the Sheffield takeaways with a zero or one star food hygiene rating
Crews were also called out to a house fire on Royal Street, Barnsley, at 8.30pm yesterday after a grill pan went up in flames.

APPEAL: Police search ongoing for missing teenage girl last seen in Sheffield
In the early hours of this morning a fire broke out in a microwave after some food was left in for too long.

Firefighters were called to the incident on Arbourthorne Road, Arbourthorne, at 4.45am.