Burning pillow thrown out of window sparks bin store blaze in Sheffield

0
Have your say

A bin store went up in flames after a burning pillow was thrown out of a window in a block of flats and landed on the bins below.

Firefighters alerted to the blaze at Greenhead Gardens, Chapeltown, discovered that a pillow had caught fire in a flat after being left too close to a heater.

Greenhead Gardens

Greenhead Gardens

CRIME: New photos released in hunt for Sheffield man wanted over ‘heinous’ murder

POLICE: Body found in used van sales unit in Rotherham village

When the occupant discovered the fire, the pillow was thrown out of a bedroom window but landed on the bins below, which went up in flames.

READ MORE: Sheffield cyclist seriously injured in hit-and-run fears driver could kill if not caught

Three fire engines were deployed to the scene at 3.40am and left at 5.20am.