A teenage boy is in hospital this morning after being shot on a Sheffield estate.
Here is what we know so far.
- A boy, aged 17, was shot in Nodder Road, close to the junction with Hastilar Road South, Woodthorpe, at around 9.10pm.
READ MORE: Police called to three shootings on Sheffield estate in two months
- Emergency services were deployed to the scene and while paramedics treated the injured teenager, police officers cordoned off the crime scene and made initial enquiries.
- The boy was rushed to hospital, where he remains this morning. His condition is not believed to be life threatening.
- The police cordon remains in place this morning, with officers guarding the crime scene, taking in part of Nodder Road, Hastilar Road South, Fishponds Road West and Chadwick Road.
- Armed police were among the officers deployed to Woodthorpe in the wake of the gun attack.
- A police helicopter was also used to monitor the crime scene and surrounding area from the air.
- Forensic experts have arrived at the crime scene this morning to carry out a sweep of the area in a bid to establish exactly what happened.
- Police sniffer dogs have also been drafted in to search the area.
- Shocked residents have spoken of their concern at the level of violence on the Sheffield estate over recent weeks, with one mum-of-two claiming she wants to move away from the area.
- On May 8, a 30-year-old man was shot in his leg on Chadwick Road, Woodthorpe. That gun attack, in broad daylight, happened close to Woodthorpe Community Primary School.
- That shooting came 24 days after another man was shot on nearby Nodder Road. A 42-year-old man was shot in his leg and a 30-year-old man was arrested.
- In March 2016 a gun was discharged close to the Premier store on Nodder Road, Woodthorpe. Two men were each jailed for seven years for their roles in the shooting.
- In July 2016 a gun was fired at a house on nearby Hastilar Road South. A window was damaged but nobody was injured.
- Detectives investigating the incident want to hear from anyone in the area at the time of the shooting or who saw anything suspicious.
- Anyone with information on last night's shooting should call South Yorkshire Police on 101 and quote incident number 989 of June 11.