Blaze woman led to safety

Share this article
Have your say

AN ELDERLY woman had to be rescued from her fume-filled South Yorkshire home by firefighters.

The woman had to be led to safety in the early hours of yesterday after a pan left on her hob caught fire.

Firefighters led her to safety from her home on Cranfield Drive, Owlthorpe, Sheffield.

A BMW parked on a driveway outside a house on Haigh Moor Way, Swallownest, Rotherham, was destroyed after going up in flames.

The car had been set alight.

And a garden fence and two sheds went up in flames on Queens Road, Beighton, Sheffield.

Firefighters who dealt with the blaze recorded the cause as accidental.