Barnsley woman taken to hospital after bungalow blaze

A Barnsley woman was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her home when clothes she was drying went up in flames. Â

Friday, 7th December 2018, 8:44 am
Updated Friday, 7th December 2018, 8:50 am
Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe, Barnsley

The elderly woman inhaled smoke when the fire broke out in her bungalow in Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe., at 10.40pm last night.

Lilydene Avenue, Grimethorpe, Barnsley

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

She had left clothes drying in front of an open fire in her living space.

Firefighters called out to the blaze said it caused severe damage.

Crews remained at the scene until 12.30am.