BARNSLEY STABBING: Everything we know so far about the knife attack
Yesterday's events in Barnsley sent shockwaves through the town and made headlines the world over.
Here is everything we know so far about what happened on a dramatic day in the South Yorkshire town.
- At 8.20amÂ police were called to reportsÂ following reports that a man had been stabbed in Barnsley town centre. READ MORE
- Officers then received numerous further reports of an individual in the town centre with a knife.
- One man suffered minor injuries but so far no other injuries have been reported to the police.
- Some shopsÂ in the town centre were put '˜on lockdown' following the incident, but reopened later that morning.
- A 28-year-old woman was arrested in the town's train station on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the incident and remains in police custody.
- A market trader was hailed a hero after he confronted theÂ woman as she brandished the knife andÂ shouted '˜kill, kill, kill'. Abdul Razzaq, aged 43, -confronted the woman and then convinced her to put down the knife before police officersÂ made the arrest. READ MOREÂ
- Several scenes of crime were put in place along with a high-visibility police presence in Barnsley town centre and at Barnsley Football Club.
- An investigation was begun to establish if the incident was isolated and whether the individual acted alone.
- South Yorkshire Police revealed they were being assisted in theÂ investigation by counter-terrorismÂ officers. READ MORE
- They later said that the woman was now being '˜assessed from a mental health perspective'. READ MORE
- Barnsley's top policeman, Chief Inspector Chris Foster, said he was '˜really proud'Â of his officers' '˜brilliant effort' throughout the day. READ MORE
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 246 of 8 September 2018.