It’s that time of the week again - the weekend is upon us and you’re no doubt looking for somewhere to head out to.
We’ve put together this handy guide to Sheffield’s pubs and clubs so that you can find the right watering hole or dancefloor tonight, Saturday, December 12 - no matter what kind of night out you’re looking for.
PUBS & CLUBS
1. Uncle Salty, The Yew Tree, Coal Aston, nr Dronfield. Feelgood music.
2. THOR, the mighty Gods of rock, The Wadsley Bridge Wmc, Halifax Road,.
3. The Problem With Marie, The White Lion, London Road, Heeley, 9.30pm.
4. Outside the Box, The Midland Hotel, Sheffield Road, Killamarsh.
5. Trevor Allen, The Railway Hotel, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield.
6. The Amelia Carter Band, The Hop, Sheffield.
7. ComRock Presents, Live Rock in association with Good Vibrations Tattoo, Steemers, Paper Bullets, Sugarking, The RS Bar, St Mary’s Road, 8pm, free entry.
8. Mod For It, The Green Room, Devonshire Street, 8pm, free entry.
9. Vyndictive, The Friendship, Stocksbridge, Sheffield.
10. Soul In Motion, (band), Sheffield Lane Top Club.
11. Canyon, The Fishpond, Matlock Bath.
12. Black Toad, blues and rock six piece, The Flying Scotsman Tap, Silver St, Doncaster, 9pm, free entry, 18+.
13. Sneakin’ Stupidity, The Cutlers Arms, Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 9pm, free entry, 18+.
14. Tony Christian, Plus, Play Your Cards Right, Forest Showbar, Rutland Rd.
15. Surreal Panther, (Steel Panther tribute), support from Spitfire featuring High Heels, Real Time Live, Chesterfield, doors 7.30pm, 18+.
16. Carl Maloney Presents, Floodhounds, Be The Revolution, Caroline Francess, Richard Hurst, The Washington, Sheffield, 8pm, free entry. Followed by Glitz (DJ), 11pm.
17. Ricochet, The Church House, 4 St James Street, Sheffield.
18. Jo-Ann and Beck, country, folk, blues and rock, Uppertown Social Centre. Tickets 12 including supper. Eddie tel. 01246 590502 or 07966 154798.
19. Farriers Christmas Market, Yellow Arch Studios, Burton Rd, S3 8BX, 12-11pm, free entry. Daytime festive market with streetfood, buskers, real ales and stalls with Xmas gift ideas. Street food by Netheredge Pizza Co and Percy & Lily’s. 20. 8pm - Buffalo Skinners, followed by Funk & Soul DJ King Biscuit Time.
21. Dearne Valley Big Band Lunch, Carlton Park Hotel, Moorgate Rd, Rotherham, S60 2BG, Lunch 12-1pm, £14.95. Tel. 01709 849955.
22. Christmas Fayre All Inclusive Dinner and Disco, Carlton Park Hotel, Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2BG, £49.95. Tel. 01709 849955.
23. Music Quiz, beer tokens to winner, Hawk & Dove, Thorpe Green, 10.15pm.
24. Resident DJ, Punchbowl, Crookes, Sheffield. All very welcome.
25. Quiz Night, with Little Barry, Milestone pub, Peak Square, Crystal Peaks, S20, 9.30pm. Tel. 4387974.
26. Live Act, soloists, duos, trios or bands, Horse & Tiger, Thorpe Hesley, S61 2QA. Details tel. 07980 886 112.
27. Karaoke, with Rosco, Chantry Arms, Woodseats, 9pm, free entry.
28. Karaoke Night, The Pheasant, Oughtibridge. Come and be the star.
29. 80s Night, Rondevu, Furnival Square, S1, 7pm, free entry, drink offers.
30. Glitz, The Harlequin, Fitzwilliam Street, 10pm, free entry.
31. Karaoke Disco, with Janet, Noahs Ark, Crookes, 9pm.
32. Kev’s Rock n Requests, and karaoke, live bands upstairs, Skysports, Three Cranes, Queens St, S1, free adm. .
33. Big people music, revival, Barry’s Bar, London Road.
34. Flower Power, a night of classic tunes, Studio 54, 52-54 West Street.
35. Decorum Saturdays, Crystal, free b4 12am/£5 after. Focusing on style & glamour making you our VIP.
36. We are Saturday, the biggest Saturday night party in Sheffield, Embrace Nightclub, £5 b4 12am, £6 after, 18+.
37. Satellite, 10pm. Club Terror, 10pm, Corporation.
38. Reggae Nite, Tap & Barrel, Waingate, Sheffield, 8pm till late.