Coronavirus: Tommy Robinson says his court case has been 'dropped' because of crisis

Tommy Robinson says his upcoming court case for common assault has been ‘dropped’ because of coronavirus.

By Darren Burke
Sunday, 22nd March 2020, 12:45 pm
Updated Sunday, 22nd March 2020, 12:45 pm

He is due to appear at Luton Magistrates Court on April 2 following an incident at Center Parcs at Woburn Forest earlier this year.

He said: “I won’t be walking into court on April 2 if the situation is as it is at the minute.”

He had called for a demo outside the court – but has now reportedly cancelled it because of coronavirus.

Tommy Robinson.

Robinson, 37, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was bailed by Bedforshire Police to appear on April 2 after police were called to the holiday resort on March 1 after reports a man had suffered a facial injury.

Bedfordshire Police or Luton Magistrates Court have not confirmed whether the case of the former English Defence League leader has been postponed as claimed.