More families give thanks to schools and teachers in Sheffield for their support during lockdown
Families have given their thanks to schools and teachers across Sheffield for their support during lockdown.
In an article last week, we asked parents to tell us who they would like to thank ahead of the return to remote learning for most pupils after the February half-term break.
Since then, we have been inundated with responses from families all of whom are eager to praise schools and staff for going above and beyond to help ease the pressures of homeschooling.
On Thursday, we revealed just handful of the messages naming some that parents had highlighted and the praise has continued to roll in – with many thanking not only teachers, but other support staff such as teaching assistants and cleaners too.
So today we're featuring alist of others that families feel are worthy of praise and we will be showcasing them in The Star newspaper each day starting today (Monday February 22) as learning resumes.
Here’s what has been said about schools and teachers across the city:
- “All Saints have been great with communication on the phone and through emails both for the children and parents, not just about schoolwork but their mental health too.” (Marie Jackson Lewis)
- “All the staff at Arbourthorne Primary, working tirelessly to support all those both in school and at home. from online learning and teaching daily over Google classroom, to getting paper packs to all and supporting all families with technology, be it providing electrical equipment for the kids to use, to supporting getting Internet facilities into every household in school. you are here whenever we need you, nothing has been too much trouble. Thank you so much.” (Faye Harris)
- “ Would like to say a big thankyou to all the staff at the Kenwood centre, they have been amazing during the pandemic, making sure all the children were supported. Also the amazing staff at Arbourthorne community primary school going above and beyond for their pupils as always. Thankyou to all the key workers for all your hard work.” (Lindsay Fereday)
- “All the teachers at Birley Primary Academy. Most are working parents, put a brave face on and help the best they can whilst feeling lockdown like all of us.. well done to all.” (Cheryl Bagshaw)
- “Miss Lee, Birley Primary Academy, always goes above and beyond for the children, absolutely amazing teacher, thank you so much for your help you have been fantastic.” (Anna-Marie Pashley)
- “Joanne Anderson from Birley Secondary Academy deputy senco. Also Maria Thomas senco at Birley Secondary Academy.” (Gemma Lucy)
- “Mr Howe Brunswick School Woodhouse Sheffield, he’s the best teacher my son’s ever had, we all adore his happy nature and he’s amazing with our children, he’s been there at the end of a phone or by email when ever I’ve needed him this lockdown! Please give him the recognition he truly deserves.” (Cassie Staniland)
- “Mr Howe at Brunswick community primary school. Kept the kids spirits up throughout every lockdown and brought the sense of normality that they've needed. Gone way more than above and beyond.” (Callie Mullen)
- “Brunswick community primary school, Mr Howe! Always goes above and beyond, to help all the children, not just the ones in his class! Amazing teacher.” (Donna-Marie)
- “Mr Howe at Brunswick Community Primary School. One of the most caring teachers I know goes above and beyond for his students.” (Rebecca Youngman)
- “All the teachers at Brunswick Community Primary School. As a TA there I see how hard they all work it’s a pleasure working with them.” (Julie Dennison)
- “Mr Howe, Brunswick Primary School. My grandson's teacher a few terms back and now during Covid. An absolute gem of a teacher, very kind and caring to all the pupils.” (Jane Barker)
- “My sons teacher Mr Howe who teaches Y5 at Brunswick Woodhouse is going beyond his work duties. The school have set up a video chat for all pupils two times a week just so they can all see each other and catch up. I’ve never in all the years of having three children at school seen a teacher make children smile the way he does I would love if you could maybe recognise him for his fantastic work I’m sure all children in his class would tell you how amazing he is.” (Amy Goodwin)
- “From a personal view, Miss Roney, Miss Lane and Mr Howe at Brunswick. All seem to go above and beyond and nothing ever seems too much, amazing people.” (Dale Heppenstall)
- “Cara Chester Ecclesall Infant and Juniors she’s always gone above and beyond for her children, why not let them all have the vaccine.” (Lynn Vickers)
- “A big thank you to all the teachers at Emmaus Primary School for making it fun as well as learning in the difficult situation during lockdown. My daughter has enjoyed coming to school and has made new friends she has come out of her shell more in the smaller groups at school. Teachers should get there covid vacation next.” (Leanne Listersmith)
- “Me and my family would like to say a big thank you to Emmaus Catholic & CoE Primary School. The live lessons have helped my children so much. Miss Elsom and Miss Wheelhouse have been amazing. We really appreciate the effort made from our school.” (Kay Garniss)
- “I would like to thank all staff at Emmaus Catholic & CoE Primary School they have done an amazing job for our children. Especially Mrs Nicholls & Mrs Taylor who’s gone above & beyond with the online classes. I really appreciate all your hard work and effort in such a difficult time.” (Gemma Johnson)
- “Emmaus. All the staff are being amazing and supportive. Ms Shaw has the patience of a saint and is brilliant.” (Terri Booth)
- “A big thank you to all the teachers at Lowfield primary school for making it fun as well as learning in the difficult situation during lockdown. Also big thank you for Year 1 team.” (Fahima Begum)
- “Big shout out to all staff at Manor Lodge Community Primary School. Jacqueline Thompson, Miss Kelly Miss Oxley Miss Bridges Miss Dale & Mrs Parsons my boys are missing you all so much.” (Gemma Rickett)
- “Sending huge thanks to teachers & staff at Newfield School. They’ve been really supportive to students & parents and communication has been excellent during these challenging & difficult times. Thank you.” (Joanne Thornhill)
- “Big shout out to Cordy at Pipworth Primary School, the support she has given us is amazing! Even when I've been close to breaking point she is always there to lend an ear. I absolutely don't know what I'd do without her. Not only through this lockdown either, the difference of my child's confidence and how much she has come on since being in her class is phenomenal! Fabulous teacher!" (Carrie Brown)
- “Big shout out to all the staff at Wales High School, all staff have gone above and beyond there usual duties. If they haven’t been in school they have been constantly online to answer questions, they have been in school supporting kids in school or they have been going to students house checking up on them, not only have they been supporting students but they have been supporting parents when needed.” (Becky Johnson)
- “To the teachers and teaching assistants. They have got my girls through this lockdown with all there support with online sessions and Google slides well done to you all a big thankyou to Miss Yeardsley, Miss Wild, Mrs Wood, Mrs Cade, Mr Sadler and Miss Fields you have all been amazing.” (Kelly Ann Louise Gusija)
- “All the staff at Wombwell Park St have been wonderful over the past year but especially Miss Grayhurst and Mrs Akyel.” (Hayley Smith Oughton)
- “I’d like to say a HUGE thank you to all the staff at Wincobank NI and Concord Junior School. You have all given your all to our children in such tough times, we can’t thank you enough! You’re all AMAZING! Extra shout out to Miss Hobbs & Mr Williamson, you guys really have got us through!” (Zoe Connell)
- “Gleadless primary, especially Mrs Smith. Newfield secondary. The TAs who phone weekly to check in with my son and also praise us parents.” (Lea Lea)
- "Aston Academy I work as support staff in the admin team. Our principal and his team have made sure we have felt safe and secure whilst working within the Academy. This has made going to work so much easier. Thank you.” (Julie Ramsden)
- “All the teachers in Y9 Handsworth Grange community sports college. Well done and Thank you.” (Julie Goodwin)
- “Woodhouse west primary they also won a award at Sheffield sparkle.” (Rach Marks)