1. Big Swing, Jem Hewitt, Dave Angel, Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, 8pm, free entry.
2. Wednesday Quiz Night, general knowledge quiz, play your cards right, lucky 13, The Sportsman Inn, Worrall Road, Wadsley, free buffet , cash prizes.
3. Pizza Pints and Prosecco, wood fired pizzas courtesy of Nether Edge Pizza, prosecco and pints of the finest real ales, The Norfolk Arms, 8 Penistone Road, Grenoside, Sheffield, S35 8QG, 4-9pm.
4. Ecclesall Woods Wild Play, Meet a Tree! Come and find out about the wonderful world of trees and make a mini-shelter for mini-beasts. Booking essential, see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on for more details and to book. Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, S7 2QZ, 10-12pm. www.wildsheffield.com
5. Make your own Decorated Pot, Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, Abbeydale Road South, Sheffield, S7 2QW, 10-12.30pm, £1 per child. Normal admission applies. Adults £4, Concessions £3, Children free.
6. Bat Surveys, An Introduction, Join bat specialist Jon Goodrick for a day’s training on bat identification, ecology and survey techniques. Booking essential, see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on for more details and to book. 37 Stafford Road, S2 2SF, 12-6.30pm. www.wildsheffield.com
7. Sketchbook Workshop, with artist Louise Wright, The Civic Barnsley, 10.30-12pm or 1-2.30pm, ages 5+, £4, www.barnsleycivic.co.uk/whats-on
8. Discovery Day, Tiny Things for Tiny Homes, Weston Park Museum, Sheffield, 1-4pm, suggested doantion £1, just turn up.
9. Absent Friends, Pomegranate Theatre, Chesterfield, 7.30pm, (wed 2pm, sat 3pm), tel. 01246 345222. www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk
10. Our House, Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk