1. General Knowledge Quiz, with Chris, The Banner Cross, 971 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, 9.30pm. Tel. 0114 2661479.
2. Valentines Night Special, Emily Claire West, Piero Tucci, Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, S1, 7pm.
3. Sheffield Photographic Society. Wildlife Photography, It’s All about Outdoors, lecture by Steve Magennis ARPS who specialises in wildlife photography, St. Peter’s Church Hall, Reney Avenue, Greenhill, Sheffield, S8 7FN, 7.45pm for 8pm, visitors £4.
4. Riven Valley Conservation Group, the fifth open meeting of the winter programme will be held at Stephen Hill Methodist Church, 547 Manchester Road, Crosspool, Sheffield, S10 5PL, 7.30pm. There will be a talk, Voyage of Britain by Mike Spick, A talk on British Canals, entrance fee, £2 for members and £2.50 for non-members which includes drinks and biscuits. Non-members are especially welcome.
5. The Hunter Archaeological Society, Excavations at Maryport, talk by Tony Wilmott, The Humanities Research Institute, 34 Gell Street, (off West Street), 7.30pm, non members welcome.
6. Norton Lees Local History Group, Peter Clark will talk on the Chapels of Meersbrook and Heeley, in The Vestry of St Paul’s Church, Norton Lees Lane, 7.30pm, £3 including refreshments. For more information, Vivienne tel. 07724 829172 or Helen, tel. 07481 293949.
7. Mike + The Mechanics, Buxton opera House, 7.30pm, £39, tel. 01298 72190. www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk
8. Ladies in Lavender, presented by Ecclesfield Priory Players, adapted by Shaun McKenna, EPPiC Theatre, Well Lane, off High Street, Ecclesfield, S35 9TP, curtain 7.30pm. Tickets £8.50, tel. 0114 2402624, or www.eppictheatre.co.uk, or call in to our weekly coffee morning in the theatre lounge after 11am.
9. Comfort & Joy, by Mike Harding, hilarious festive comedy presented by Tudor Players, The Library Theatre, Sheffield, 7.15pm. Tickets £9/£8 concessions tel. 0114 2853450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The Play That Goes Wrong, Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk