1. The Folk Train, have a great night out on the Hope Valley railway line, enjoy live folk music on the train to and from Sheffield and a musical evening at The Rambler Country House Hotel (real ale and good food). 1914 (7.14 pm) train from Sheffield to Edale. www.folktrain.org.uk
2. Paul Newman, Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, 7.30pm, free entry.
3. Shmapped: Mount Pleasant Community Picnic, Join us for a chat to learn how to use Shmapped followed by a summer picnic! The event is free, see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on for more details. The Old Junior School, South View Road, S7 1DB, 6.30-8.30pm. www.wildsheffield.com
4. Ecclesall Woods Wild Play, Summer Bug Hunt! Come and join us to look for our amazing mini beasts in Ecclesall Woods. Make your own bug to take home or leave in the woods. Booking essential, see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on for more details and to book. Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, S7 2QZ, 10-12pm or 1.30-3.30pm. www.wildsheffield.com
5. Tuesday Tales, with Chris & Bob, tales of wildlife in our nature reserve, RSPB Old Moor, 11am, 1pm & 2.30pm, for details tel. 01226 751593. www.rspb.co.uk/oldmoor
6. Summer School, Small Stories, Weston Park Museum, Sheffield, 10.30-3.30pm, age 8-12, £45, book in advance, tel. 0114 2782600, www.museums-sheffield.org.uk
7. Make & Take Tuesdays Summer Holiday Fun, Nebula Jam Jars, Kelham Island Museum, Alma Street, Sheffield, S3 8RY, 10.30-12.30pm. Inspire by our Sheffield 1916: Steel, Steam and Power project. All ages welcome. £1 per child. Normal museum admission also applies Adults £6, Concessions £5, Accompanied Children U16 free.
8. Steel City Cup, Owlerton Stadium, Penistone Road, Sheffield, S6 2DE, 6.30-10.30pm. Yorkshire’s top racing venue will see the return of its most prestigious race in the next few weeks as the Steel City Cup comes to town. The event attracts greyhounds and trainers from across the country, with the top 12 dogs in the heats going through to the semi-finals, before the fastest six semi-finalists compete for the top prize in the 500m final.
9. Dinosaur World, Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield. Tel. 0114 249 6000. www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk
10. House Guest, Pomegranate Theatre, Chesterfield, 7.30pm, (wed 2pm, sat 3pm), tel. 01246 345222. www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk