1. Acoustic Night, Weekly Acoustic Night bringing together live music from local singer/songwriters with locally brewed real and craft ales. Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 7.30pm, free entry. Tel. 01709 382581.
2. Lewis Nitikman, Bazooka Joe, CubaVida duo, Cubana, Leopold Square, Sheffield, 7pm, free entry.
3. Quiz Night, with Russ Elliot The Yew Tree, Coal Aston, S18, 9.30pm, start.
4. Don Gorge Discovery Day, groups and organisations that work on and along the River. Don are coming together at Sprotbrough for a free community event. Come find out what’s happening on your river. 10-3pm. Boat trips, fishing taster sessions. Full event details www.dcrt.org.uk
5. Pirates, Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, Abbey Lane, Sheffield, S7 2QZ, 10-12pm & 1.30-3.30pm, booking essential, www.growtheatre.org.uk
6. Survival Skills, Wild Side event at Greno Woods, Can you survive in the woods? Learn how to build shelter and make a fire. Booking essential, see www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on for more details and to book. Greno Woods, Woodhead Rd Car Park, S35 8RS, 10.30-3.30pm.
7. Wyming Brook and Fox Hagg Reserve Advisory Group Meeting to discuss nature reserve management at Wyming Brook and Fox Hagg. All welcome. Meet at the Yorkshire Water Car Park at Rivelin Dam Wall, 7-9pm. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Refurbishment Appeal Concert, pre tour concert, with Dore Male Voice Choir, St Joseph’s RC Church, St Joseph’s Road, Handsworth, Sheffield, S13 9AT, 7.15pm, free adm. please feel free to make a donation on the way out.
9. Camelot, Buxton Opera House, 7.30pm, £14-£19, tel. 01298 72190. www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk
10. House Guest, Pomegranate Theatre, Chesterfield, 7.30pm, tel. 01246 345222. www.chesterfieldtheatres.co.uk