1. Hillbilly Cats, The Railway Hotel, Penistone Road, Wadsley Bridge, Sheffield, 9.15pm, free adm.
2. True Grit, rock and pop covers, White Lion, Heeley, free entry, 9.30pm
3. Christmas Tree Festival, Heeley Parish Church, 151 Gleadless Road, Sheffield, S2 3AE, 11-3pm.
4. Santa’s Sleigh Run, Thurgoland, from 5pm. www.penistoneroundtable.org.uk
5. Sheffield Hallam University Craft Festival, Sheffield Hallam University Hallam Hall, City Campus, Howard Street, 10-3pm. Lots of craft stalls, charity initiatives, ( NSPCC children present drop off point), festive food with festive music.
6. Jack and the Beanstalk, Cast, Doncaster, tel. 01302 303959. www.castindoncaster.com
7. Buxton Buzz Comedy Club, Pavilion Arts Centre, Buxton, 8pm, £10 otd, £7 adv, tel. 01298 72190. www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk
8. Holy Moly and The Crackers, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 8pm. Tickets £12, £10 conc. Tel. 01226 327000. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk
9. Low, Buxton Opera House, 7.30pm, £25.50/£28, tel. 01298 72190. www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk
10. The Wizard of Oz, Norton Payers Pantomime, Coal Aston Village Hall, Eckington Road, Coal Aston, S18 3AX, 7.30pm, £7/£6. Tel. 01142 889290. www.coalastonvillagehall.org.uk