1. The Steve French Band, The White Lion, London Road, Heeley, Sheffield, 9.30pm, free entry.
2. Seventh Son, Classic rock covers band, Cutlers Arms, 29 Westgate, Rotherham, S60 1BQ, 8pm, free entry, 18+. Tel. 01709 382581.
3. Roots Music Club, Absent Average, plus Americarnage, support from Anya and Pete Wiltchinsky, Roots Music Club, The Ukrainian Centre, 48 Beckett Road, Doncaster, DN2 4AD, 7.30pm. Tickets £10 on the door or £8 in advance from www.wegottickets.com/rootsmusicclubdoncaster
4. The Sundowners, Edgar Jones & The New Joneses, support from Cut Glass Kings, Opium 10, Barnsley. Tickets www.seetickets.com
5. Bluebell Workshop and Guided Walk, with Fred Rumsey, Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust, Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, Abbey Lane, 10-1pm. Join Fred Rumsey of the Natural History Museum for an indoor session to learn how to identify native and Spanish bluebells, followed by a field trip. Booking essential. Visit www.wildsheffield.com/whats-on
6. Life in Rural Himalayan Nepal, illustrated lecture by Rob Barron, Coal Aston Methodist Church, Eckington Road, Coal Aston, 7.30pm, admission £3.50, including refreshments. Tel. 01246 414847 to book or pay on the door. A donation will go to the Rotary Club’s Fishtail Fund.
7. Intaglio Printing Workshop, with Lyn Hodnett, suitable for ages 12 to adult (beginners to experienced), explore the medium of dry point printing, working into acrylic sheets and experiment with printing onto a variety of papers and other materials. The Art House, Backfields, Sheffield, S1 4HJ, 10-3pm, £50, more information and to book tel. 0114 2723970. website www.arthousesheffield.co.uk
8. Forbidden Nights, Winding Wheel, Chesterfield, 8pm, tel. 01246 345222. www.chesterfieldtheatres, co.uk
9. Run, The Civic Theatre, Barnsley, 7.30pm. Tickets £12, £10 conc, £8 stu. Tel. 01226 327000. www.barnsleycivic.co.uk
10. April Fools Comedy Festival, Alfie Moore: Getting Away With Murder, The Electric Theatre, Barnsley, 8pm, £10. For further booking information tel. 01226 327 000. or visit www.aprilfoolscomedy.co.uk