Mystery as festival headliners pull out

Wu-Tang Clan.
Wu-Tang Clan.
0
Have your say

Tramlines organisers are seeking an explanation after one of the festival’s headline acts pulled out of the event at the last minute.

Hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan had been due to close the festival’s Main Stage on Sunday night.

But the group cancelled all European tour dates at short notice yesterday, with no explanation given.

They had also been due to perform at the Nozstock festival in Herefordshire this weekend.

Nozstock organisers said last night they had also been given no reason for the cancellation, but have announced De La Soul as their replacement.

Tramlines bosses said they are ‘gutted’ and are now working to find a replacement act, as well as seeking a reason for the band’s decision.

They would not confirm whether De La Soul are among the acts under consideration as a replacement.

A statement from Tramlines organisers said: “We’re very disappointed to have to announce that Wu Tang Clan will no longer be performing at Tramlines.

“The band have cancelled all of their remaining European tour dates.

“While we have been given no reason for the cancellation, we’ve been told that we will receive an official announcement from their management and will share this as soon as we receive it.

“Sadly, enforcing their attendance at the festival is beyond our control but, suffice to say, we’re gutted that the band won’t get to experience the amazing and unique atmosphere that makes Tramlines what it is.

“We’re hard at work on a replacement right now and will keep Tramlines-goers informed as soon as we have more news.”

No one representing Wu-Tang Clan was available to comment last night.