Jack O'Connell has become the latest addition to Sheffield United's squad .
The 22 year old Scouser arrives from Brentford for whom he made 18 appearances last season on a three year deal but what else do we know about O'Connell?
- From West Derby in Liverpool he first made his name at Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division side REMYCA United
- O'Connell idolised Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard as a boy and went to the same school the latter, Cardinal Heenan High
- Despite his Liverpool leanings, it was at Everton who coveted the young O'Connell to join their Academy, but he would eventually move to Blackburn Rovers
- O'Connell was part of the Blackburn Rovers side that reached the final of the FA Youth Cup in 2012, only to lose 4-1 on aggregate to Chelsea
- During one of his loan spells at Rochdale, O'Connell was given the captain's armband by boss Keith Hill, despite being still in his teens
- In all he has been loaned out to three different clubs - Rotherham United, York City and Rochdale on three occasions
- He had reached 100 Football League appearances by the age of 20
- On the international front, O'Connell has been capped at under 18 and under 19 level, captaining the latter through their 2013 European Championship qualifying campaign