Sheffield United have confirmed the signing of former Coventry City midfielder John Fleck, but what do we know about the player?
- Attacking midfielder Fleck is the nephew of former Rangers, Norwich City and Scotland striker Robert Fleck
- The 24 year old has been linked a number times with a move to Bramall Lane, the first coming back in September 2011 when he and fellow Gers player Kyle Hutton were about to make the switch only for a registration issue in moving between Scotland and England scuppering the deal. Then Blades boss Danny Wilson withdrew his interest after being told he would have to wait until the January transfer window for the move to go through
- Fleck has been capped by Scotland at Under 17, Under 19 and Under 21 level but he has yet to gain a full international cap
- He was named Coventry City Players' Player of the Year and Supporters' Player of the Year for his performances last season
- In 2012 Fleck was one of nine players to leave Rangers when the club suffered financial meltdown - Sone Aluko, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Naismith, Steven Davis, Jamie Ness, Steven Whittaker, Rhys McCabe, Jamie Ness and Allan McGregor were the others. Fleck then signed for Coventry City
- Fleck was just 15 when he played in Rangers' first team; a friendly run out against German side SV Lippstadt 08.
- And at the age of 16 he became the youngest player to feature in a senior British Cup final after coming off the bench in Rangers League Cup win over Queen of the South in 2008
- In 2012 Fleck spent a period on loan at Blackpool in the Championship where he made eight appearances