Much is known about Nigel Adkins, but here are a few things you might not know about the new Blades boss...
* Adkins recites the Dale Wimbrow poem The Guy in the Glass in order to control stress.
* The former goalkeeper has a degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Salford.
* He began his playing career at Liverpool, but never made any first team appearances.
* At the age of 23 Adkins broke his back in two places, an injury which curtailed, but didn’t end, his playing career.
* In 2007 he was named ‘Emergency Boss of the Year’ by The Sun after leading Scunthorpe to promotion.
* He is the only manager in the history of Southampton FC to lead the club to back to back promotions.