Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has accepted a Football Association charge of improper conduct.
It means the England forward could be hit with a further ban to damage the Barclays Premier League leaders’ title bid.
He was sent off after receiving a second yellow card for diving in Sunday’s 2-2 draw with West Ham and the charge relates to his reaction to the decision.
Vardy responded furiously, pointing and shouting in the face of referee Jonathan Moss before leaving the pitch following his tangle with Angelo Ogbonna.
He is suspended for Sunday’s visit of Swansea with the Foxes five points clear at the top of the table with four games left.
And Leicester face the possibility of losing the 29-year-old for longer if his behaviour is deemed worthy of further punishment.
Vardy has requested a personal hearing.
Chelsea’s Diego Costa was given an additional one-game suspension for his reaction after he was dismissed in their FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Everton last month.
He was handed a £20,000 fine and a warning as to his future conduct.
But England boss Roy Hodgson, who is expected to take the 22-goal star to Euro 2016 this summer, defended Vardy and insisted he did not dive.
He said: “Vardy got sent off at the weekend, but once again I will go out on a limb - I don’t see that. I don’t see that as a dive. I just don’t.
“I think he was unbalanced. I don’t think it was a penalty either, I think he was unbalanced, running at that speed.”
The FA also charged Leicester for failing to control their players following the award of the Hammers’ 83rd-minute penalty.
The club have accepted that charge too, and said in a statement: “Leicester City Football Club has today (Thursday) accepted a Football Association charge of failing to control its players during the Barclays Premier League fixture against West Ham United on 17 April.
“Furthermore, Jamie Vardy has accepted a charge of improper conduct arising from the same fixture. Jamie has, however, requested a personal hearing.”