Full Time: Doncaster Rovers 1 Preston North End 1

Doncaster Rovers' Rob Jones in action against Preston North End, before injuring his neck.
Doncaster Rovers' Rob Jones in action against Preston North End, before injuring his neck.
Have your say

A neck injury for Rob Jones was a main talking point as Rovers forced a late draw with Preston at the Keepmoat tonight.

The centre half was forced off under medical advice after struggling with a neck problem early in the game.

Doncaster Rovers' Kyle Bennett in action against Preston North End.

Doncaster Rovers' Kyle Bennett in action against Preston North End.

With Jones having spent almost ten months out of action with a similar problem which required surgery to fuse, there will be major concerns over the issue, particular as Rovers remain incredibly light in defence.

Liam Wakefield was sent on in place of Jones just 12 minutes into the match, slotting in at right back as Reece Wabara moved to centre back.

Despite the big setback, it was a much-improved performance from Rovers following their heavy defeat to Port Vale at the weekend.

Harry Forrester was absent from the squad after the FA rejected Rovers’ appeal against his sending off against Port Vale.

He was replaced by Kyle Bennett, at the Keepmoat Stadium against the Lancashire visitors.

Theo Robinson made his first league start of the season - and looked set to start up front alone with Curtis Main injured and Nathan Tyson left on the bench.

Marc De Val also made his first league start, making up a three-man midfield with Paul Keegan and Dean Furman.

North End fancied their chances with long-range shooting from the off.

Joe Garner and Josh Brownhill both tested their luck from more than 30 yards out. Bailey Wright also had a pop from outside the box.

Rovers became slightly more fluent going forward, James Coppinger looking dangerous and Kyle Bennett being blocked in a decent position.

A solo run by long-standing club servant Coppinger, dodging a number of tackles, ended in disappointment when he shot left footed straight at Jamie Jones. Marc De Val also had a goal-bound effort thwarted by decent defending.

Robinson, got clear to force a one-on-one with Jones, but the keeper defied his effort.

In the second half, De Val spotted Jones off his line and attempted an audacious 40 yard free kick which the keeper had to scramble to stop.

At the other end Alan Browne tested Steer on 54 minutes.

But Rovers slipped behind 11 minutes later.

Jamaican midfielder Chris Humphrey smashed home the opener into the top left corner from 25 yards, the ball falling to him after a free kick was only half cleared.

On 71 minutes Nathan Tyson came on for Dean Furman.

Preston attempted to bring in a conservative defensive regime as Rovers pursued an equaliser.

And Doncaster got what they were looking on 92 minutes when substitute striker Tyson levelled.

He fired in a left footer from the centre of the box which sailed into the net.

Rovers: Steer, Wabara, Jones, McCullough, Evina, De-Val, Keegan, Furman, Coppinger, Bennett, Robinson.

Subs: Marosi, Wakefield, Tyson, Peterson, Middleton, Askins, Whitehouse.

Preston: Jones, Woods, B Davies, Clarke, Wright, Humphrey, Kilkenny, Brownhill, Browne, Gallagher, Garner.

Subs: Stuckmann, Wiseman, K Davies, Little, King, Hayhurst, Welsh.

Ref: Gary Sutton.

Attendance: 6,513.